Tiffany M. Alexander, a managing partner, has always focused her entire practice in the area of family law. Ms. Alexander has worked with a variety of cases such as complex highly-contested divorces including corporations and extensive asset valuation, representing grandparents in paternity cases, and simple agreed-upon divorces. She has appeared on routine and contested matters such as hearings and trials in Cook, Lake, DuPage and Will counties in Illinois.
Ms. Alexander has experience in interpreting and analyzing personal and corporate tax returns, and corporate financial statements. She regularly counsels clients on complex financial matters, custody and visitation issues, prenuptial and cohabitation agreements and the disposition of marital and non-marital assets.
Ms. Alexander finds her work as a family law attorney very rewarding knowing that she is helping people and their children during a very difficult time in their lives. While a case can be a very emotional situation for a client, she manages to focus on the objective side of the situation while assisting the client through the emotional turmoil that oftentimes cannot be avoided during the process. Ms. Alexander prides herself on being able to bring a case to trial just as skillfully as negotiating a settlement for the best interests of her client.
Ms. Alexander has received a certificate of completion from Northwestern University School of Professional Studies which makes her uniquely qualified to engage in cases involving divorce mediation. Ms. Alexander is also certified to practice collaborative law and is a fellow of the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois. These additional accomplishments allow Ms. Alexander to further advocate for peaceable resolutions which the firm of Hoffenberg & Block has always encouraged.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Juris Doctor (J.D.), 2005
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), 2002
- Illinois, 2005
- Member, Illinois Bar Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Divorce Mediation Skills Training
- Illinois Super Lawyer Rising Stars – 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Leading Lawyers – 2018, 2019
- Leading Lawyers Emerging Lawyer – 2016, 2017
- The National Advocates – Top 40 Under 40
- Top Law Firms in Chicago
- Can’t we all play nice? – ISBA Family Law Section Newsletter, April 2012. A commentary on the social dynamic and interaction of litigants and attorneys in the domestic relations field.
- Are you Covered? Your health insurance options. – ABA Section of Family Law, Family Advocate, Summer 2009. A discussion of a client’s options for obtaining health insurance after a divorce.
- Crucial Health Insurance provision to keep in mind for your clients. – ISBA Family Law Section Newsletter, December 2008. A discussion of the Illinois Spousal Continuation Privilege and its relevance in a divorce matter.
- Child Support and College-Bound Children of Divorce. – ISBA Jornal, January 2016. A discussion of the topic: Child Support and College-Bound Children of Divorce