Child Custody Lawyers Chicago
Chicago child custody attorneys fighting for your child’s best interest.
Illinois child custody laws can be very complex and confusing. Of all the areas of family law, child custody cases have a tendency to be the most volatile. When parents divorce and they disagree as to what is in the best interest of their children, the Illinois courts intervene. This can quickly turn a peaceful, uncontested divorce into a heated, no holds barred, battle for custody and an experienced Chicago divorce attorney is invaluable asset to have on your side.
As a parent, you always want to make sure that your children are safe, protected and well cared for. Having a top Chicago child custody lawyer can make a vast difference in the outcome of your custody case. At Hoffenberg & Block, LLC, we assist our clients in fighting for their child’s best interest. Our Cook County child custody attorneys have the skill, knowledge and experience needed to help families quickly resolve these highly sensitive matters and ensure you achieve the best possible outcome.
Experienced Chicago Child Custody Lawyers
Child custody refers to the care, control, maintenance and legal guardianship of a child which a court may award to one of the parents following a Divorce or separation proceeding. In Illinois, and most other states, there are two forms of custody, legal and physical.
Legal custody refers to the child’s lifestyle. Religious, medical, and educational decisions are made by the legal guardian. Legal custody can be granted to one or both parents.
Physical custody refers to where the child resides. One parent may have sole physical custody, and the other may have visitation rights. Or, both parents may have physical custody, which means the child lives with each parent half of the time.
If a parent has visitation rights, the visits between parent and child occur on a schedule provided by the court. Usually this schedule is mutually agreed to and convenient for both parents.
The Best Interest of the Child: Child Custody Agreements in Chicago
When a child custody case is brought to the court, the court will try to accommodate the best interest of the child and choose the environment that offers the most stability. Some factors the court will take into consideration in an Illinois child custody case are:
- The wishes of the parents
- The child’s preference, if the child is above a certain age
- The emotional bond and interaction between the parents and child
- The child’s adjustment to their new home, school and community
- The parent’s mental and physical health
- The ability and willingness of the parent to encourage communication and contact between the child and the other parent
- The parent’s lifestyle
- Any history of child abuse
- The quality of the child’s education
Our experienced team of Chicago child custody attorneys knows how difficult child custody cases can be. We also understand that the best possible solution is usually a decision that is mutually agreed upon by both parents as well as the child. By providing you with guidance and the best legal advice, your lawyer will explain the process and guide you through to a favorable outcome. For more information on representation and fighting for your rights as a parent, contact a child custody lawyer from our firm today.
Related Divorce and Family Law Articles
- Divorce Lawyers Chicago – Choosing the right divorce lawyer in Chicago.
- Chicago Family Lawyer – Hiring the right Chicago family law attorney for your case.
- Family Law Attorney Chicago – What to ask a Chicago Divorce & Family Lawyer before you hire them.
- Chicago Divorce Attorney – What your Chicago divorce lawyer expects from you.
- Child Custody Lawyer Chicago – Chicago Child Custody Attorneys fighting for your child’s best interest.
- Best Chicago Divorce Lawyer – How to find the best divorce lawyer in Chicago to meet your needs.
- Top Divorce Lawyers Chicago – How can I find the divorce lawyer that is best for me?
- Lake County Divorce Lawyers – What is the Divorce Process in Lake County Illinois?
- Cook County Divorce Lawyer – Common mistakes to avoid when getting divorced in Cook County Illinois.