Best Chicago Divorce Lawyer
How to find the best divorce attorney in Chicago to meet your needs.
Hoffenberg & Block has been practicing family law for several decades and we receive many referrals from other top Chicago attorneys as well as past clients that were satisfied with the work we did for them.
Many of these prospective clients will ask “I Need the Best Divorce Lawyer in Chicago, Who Should I Call?”
Fortunately for us, our firm is recommended quite often. But, honestly, whether or not we are the “Best” is very subjective and really depends on a variety of factors. The Chicago Divorce Lawyer that is best for one client may not be best for you. You should really consider the following when searching for the Best Chicago Divorce Lawyer:
Get a Referral
If at all possible get a referral. However, keep in mind, not all referral sources are created equal.
- Personal Referral – Being referred to a Chicago Divorce Lawyer by someone who is a friend of the lawyer is not always the best choice; the referral could be based mainly on personal friendship and less on qualifications, experience and reputation.
- Client Referral – If you are referred to a divorce lawyer by one of that firm’s former clients, make sure that you ask the person referring you to describe what their case involved and what the outcome was. If the person providing you the referral had a case that is dissimilar to yours, a referral to that person’s lawyer may not really provide substantial information about that lawyer’s skill and experience at handling your specific case.
- Attorney Referral – When searching for the best Divorce Lawyer in Chicago, a great option would be to consult with a local attorney that you trust and is familiar with other lawyers that specialize in the practice of “Family Law” and ask them for a recommendation.
A face-to-face meeting with your prospective new attorney is very important considering the fact that you need a qualified divorce lawyer, one with years of courtroom and trial experience and one that fits your personality, is understanding of your needs and sympathetic to your specific situation. You will be sharing many intimate details of your life with your divorce lawyer, and he or she will be advising you on important decisions that may impact the rest of your life. If your personalities clash and you are unable to communicate effectively, you’re case may not go as smoothly as planned.
The process of hiring an attorney that you will feel confident is “The Best Chicago Divorce Lawyer” is one that, depending on the complexity of your case, may justify a little extra homework on your part. The final decision may be a subjective one, but if you take the time to create a list of qualified candidates you will have a better chance of finding the Best Chicago Divorce Lawyer for you.
Related Divorce and Family Law Articles
- Divorce Lawyers Chicago – Choosing the right divorce lawyer in Chicago.
- Chicago Family Lawyer – Hiring the right Chicago family law attorney for your case.
- Family Law Attorney Chicago – What to ask a Chicago Divorce & Family Lawyer before you hire them.
- Chicago Divorce Attorney – What your Chicago divorce lawyer expects from you.
- Child Custody Lawyer Chicago – Chicago Child Custody Attorneys fighting for your child’s best interest.
- Best Chicago Divorce Lawyer – How to find the best divorce lawyer in Chicago to meet your needs.
- Top Divorce Lawyers Chicago – How can I find the divorce lawyer that is best for me?
- Lake County Divorce Lawyers – What is the Divorce Process in Lake County Illinois?
- Cook County Divorce Lawyer – Common mistakes to avoid when getting divorced in Cook County Illinois.