Gabriela O. Asrow joined Hoffenberg & Block, LLC in the spring of 2016. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Asrow worked as an attorney at a prominent family law firm in Chicago. Ms. Asrow counsels clients on a wide range of divorce and parentage matters, including allocation of parental responsibilities (formerly known as custody), child support, parenting time, relocation, pre- and post-nuptial agreements, same sex civil union and marriage, surrogacy, adoption, property division, maintenance, and domestic violence.
Ms. Asrow believes that a multi-faceted approach is the best way to achieve a swift resolution on behalf of her clients. Recognizing the value and importance of both settlement and litigation in handling sensitive family law matters, she tirelessly advocates for her clients’ interests and goals. When necessary, Ms. Asrow takes an aggressive stance during litigation, yet maintains a sensible position when negotiating settlement agreements.
Ms. Asrow received her Juris Doctor from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 2014. While in law school, she served as a judicial extern in the Cook County Domestic Relations Division under the supervision of the Honorable Judge Raul Vega. Ms. Asrow earned a certificate in Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution from Chicago-Kent College of Law and is a certified mediator, having completed extensive training through the Chicago Center for Conflict Resolution.
As a law student, Ms. Asrow volunteered as a legal advocate with Family Rescue, a domestic violence agency, aiding victims of domestic violence in petitioning for orders of protection. She continues to advocate for victims of domestic violence as a SHALVA Legal Liaison and member of the Annual Luncheon Committee.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Juris Doctor (J.D.), cum laude, 2014
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), with distinction, 2011
- Illinois State Bar, 2014
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Certified Mediator
- Certified in Collaborative Law
Presenter at multi-series Illinois State Bar Association “Table Clinics” seminars regarding:
- Temporary Restraining Orders and Preliminary Injunctions;
- Summary Judgment;
- Direct Examination of Ancillary Witnesses;
- Trial Notebooks;
- Illinois Supreme Court Rule 214;
- Illinois Supreme Court Rule 219; and
- Abuse and Fitness to Parent.
Illinois State Bar Association “Quick Takes” video lecturer.
- Illinois Super Lawyer Rising Stars – 2018 and 2019
- Leading Lawyers Emerging Lawyer – 2019